- Step by Step to Stand-Up Comedy - Essential for the aspiring comic or the working comedian interested in updating his or her comedy routine, Step by Step to Stand-Up Comedy is the most comprehensive and useful book ever written on the art of the stand-up comedian.
- Comedy Writing Step By Step: How to Write and Sell Your Sense of Humor - Mr. Perret teaches traditional comedy writing through word association exercises. Reading this book won't make you funny, but doing the excercises might. The best beginner book.
- Successful Stand Up Comedy - Any would-be comedian will relish the candid advice here: from getting good material to polishing an act, this covers all the basics essential to professional productions.
- Filthy, Funny, and Totally Offensive - The dirtiest jokes we all know, featuring some Soapbox comics!
- How to Be a Working Comic - This is the book you need if you want to make it. It teaches comics about the business side of things, as well as discussing material and how to write. If you are serious about becoming a comedian, Dave Schwenson is the man to listen to. (So you know, he was the guy behind A&E's Evening at the Improv, among other things). Get a new one for under $12, or buy it used for as little as $6.
- Zen and the Art of Stand-Up Comedy - A great book if you are starting out and want multiple perspectives.
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Comedy Writing - By Jim Mendrinos (Gotham Writer's Workshops), this book is filled with great excersizes and advice to help any aspiring writer or old pro hone their skills.
- Comic Insights: The Art of Stand-up Comedy - Essential advice about understanding the fundamentals of stand-up, studying other comedians, finding your own style, writing your material, working the live performance and appearing on television.
- ABC Pictures - Decent prices on color headshots - $193 for 500 full color.
- Bargain Printing - We've dealt with Bargain Printing a lot. Great customer service, good product. Get 1000, trifold brochures, full color, for about $350 including shipping.
- Triple Disc - 1000 CDs, in shrink wrapped jewel cases with a front a back cover insert for $995.
- Standout Stuff - The company has been making shirts and other such products for comedians for 18 years. Call 704 542-2868, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention you heard about them from Soapbox to save 50% off screen fees.
- Staples - Great for press kits. 25 standard black folders for $10.
- Tape Stock - Insane prices for quality material. Example: you can get 50 15-minute tapes, sleeves, and labels for about $50 including shipping.
- Vista Print - Don't get the free cards from Vista Print, because everyone will recognize the design and know they're free. But to upload your own full color, on quality card stock is about $45 for 500 (including shipping). Up that by $10 or $15 and get another 500 cards.
- Comedy Central - The premiere comedy TV network. Shows like Premium Blend and Comedy Central Presents have featured several of our comedians.
- Chuckle Monkey - Wow. Can we say that again? Wow. Road comics - if you ever need a resource, go here. Now.
- CinComedy - Cincinnati and the surrounding areas, like Kentucky, Columbus, and such.
- Cleveland Yuks - Cleveland rocks as well.
- DC Standup - This is a great resource for anyone pursuing comedy in the DC area.
- Humor Links - In case you have a few days to waste.
- Humor Times - They specialize in editorial cartoons. Free samples and subscriptions available.
- Indy Standup - Indy like Indianapolis, not independant.
- Inside Joke - These guys have an awesome NYC comedy listing, as well as some pretty funny stuff in general.
- Knoxville Comedy - The Volunteers of Comedy.
- Nashville Stand-up - If you're in Tennessee, check out some the laughs to be had when not at the Grand Ole Opry.
- Seattle Comedy - Seattle has produced rain, Starbucks, and some of the best comics in the country.
- Shecky - Is this the oldest Standup eZine? Well, if not, it should be.
- Stage Time - A magazine specifically for Standup Comics
- The Hack FAQ - Think you might be a hack comedian? Check to make sure.
- The Comedy Green Room - Great resource site, with a good focus on standup in Canada.
- The Comical - Currently focusing on the New York scene, The Comical is a new print and online publication that details the comedy world.
- Zoiks! - Interviews with comedians, including a few from this site.